Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Oncology
Company: Medical City Plano
Posted on: September 12, 2020
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and
celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an
employer with many different career options and a people-focused
culture? You've come to the right place.
Medical Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse - Seasonal PRN Status
with a Full-time Schedule Day Shift 7A - 7P
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the
American Nurses Association (ANA), the Med Surg Oncology RN will
organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care
for oncology patients.
* Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
* Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through
education, expertise, and unit requirements
* Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
The environment on this 30-bed unit is energetic and compassionate.
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare,
our RNs provide comprehensive care for cancer patients from initial
diagnosis and treatment, symptom management and pain control, long
term survivorship and end of life. You will utilize the latest in
research to care for a variety of patient diagnoses. We also
provide education and training in chemotherapy. Our nurses are
passionate about setting the standard for patient-centered
SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through April 24, 2021]
Must have one (1) year of current Med Surg RN experience
Pay Rate: $54/hour
A completion bonus of $2000 to be paid after the successful
completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all
shift requirements during that time period. Only one completion
bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
* All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per
pay period during the seasonal period.
* Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another
facility that has an emergent staffing need.
* Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week schedule
* During the course of the 18-week period, the employee is required
to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or
* Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first
call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
* Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k)
and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
* All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical
* Current FT, PT, and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to
join the Seasonal program.
* Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+-bed
acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA
Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary
to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma
Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including
robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular
care, and complete women's and children's services, including a
high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful:
* ADN required / BSN preferred
* Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
* Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association or American
Red Cross required
* Must have at least one (1) year Medical Surgical RN experience in
an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Plano, Plano , Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Oncology, Healthcare , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!