Government Affairs Manager
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: November 23, 2020
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS MANAGER
Job ID: 2020-25995
Location: 2500 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75093
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband
communications and video services providers in the United States,
delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services,
proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9
million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through
its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital
advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are
making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to
consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone
The Government Affairs Manager-West is responsible for supporting
state legislative and regulatory affairs, as well as engagement
with local and state government officials on business matters
throughout Suddenlink s footprint, with a focus on [Louisiana,
Arkansas, and east Texas]. In coordination with the Senior Director
of Government Affairs, this position must develop and execute
political, legislative and regulatory strategies and initiatives
that support and enhance the company s business objectives.
* Government Affairs: Support Government Affairs relationships with
Governors offices, Attorneys General, state utility commissions,
state legislators (including leadership and key committee chairs)
and legislative staff members. The Government Affairs Manager will
also occasionally attend political functions.
* Legislative & Regulatory Affairs: Support all state-level
legislative advocacy, and regulatory advocacy and compliance. This
includes strategic planning and direct day-to-day engagement in all
aspects of legislative and regulatory proceedings and the
coordination, both direct and indirect, (through industry allies
and business associations) of company involvement to achieve
positive outcomes for the Company.
* Business Initiatives: Responsible for assisting in the
development and execution of government strategies to garner
support for business initiatives including new build.
* Franchising: Work with Government Affairs Director in managing
assigned local government relationships and franchise management,
including securing approvals on franchise agreements. Also supports
expansion in communities outside company s franchise areas through
the negotiation and management of telecommunications right-of-way
agreements as needed.
* Community Affairs: Responsible for developing strategic targets
for execution of community affairs initiatives to advance the
company s support for the communities we serve.
* 4+ years experience in the telecommunications industry,
government sector or other relevant areas.
* 4-year degree is required.
* Knowledge of telecommunications business, laws and
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the
ability present effectively to a wide range of audiences.
* Team building skills, including ability to work effectively with
colleagues that are not in a direct reporting relationship.
* Ability to advance company interests in venues that require
* Flexibility and creativity in problem solving, particularly in
negotiations with local government officials.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with state and local
* Ability to analyze and understand business impact of proposed
legislation and regulations at the state and local level.
* Strong working knowledge of state regulatory, legislative and
* Ability to plan and execute community affairs activities
including events involving public officials.
* Travel 50% - *company approved
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all
backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants
for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional
or employment related information, photos, education information
and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This
information is collected for employment purposes, including
identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background
screening, human resource administration and compliance with
federal, state and local law.
Keywords: Altice USA, Plano , Government Affairs Manager, Government & Protective Services , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!