VP, Regional Operations
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader
in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the
U.S. and Latin America.Join Our Team!Do you enjoy working together
as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and
expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience
memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a
warm and friendly culture through shared values.The Regional Vice
President, Operations is responsible for the overall performance of
Cinemark Theaters in assigned regions, generally 15-20 theatres.
The Regional Vice President leads theater operations including but
not limited to effective employee engagement at all levels,
recruiting, developing, and coaching general managers, building
sales and profits, and marketing initiatives while maintaining
consistently high operating standards. This individual is also
responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction and upholding Cinemark
company guidelines, policies, and procedures, and ensuring ethical
business practices.This role will be based out of Harlingen or
- Partner with senior leadership team to define the group's
strategic objectives; translates the group's objectives into
theater operational priorities and plan.
- Champion strategic special project initiatives in a positive
way, to fellow RVPs, GMs, at meetings, during theatre site
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador for Cinemark
- Develop long range plans to improve operational excellence for
the brand. Leadership
- Provide guidance and leadership in the delivery of outstanding
guest experiences, food & beverage operations, labor scheduling,
inventory management, theater marketing and operational
- Promote Cinemark's Continuous Improvement program by operating
as SME (subject matter expert) to the assigned departments on key
initiatives and programs, including identifying areas needing
- Ensure diversity, equity and inclusion philosophy is understood
and actively executed within the theaters.
- Authorizes hiring, termination, advancement, promotion or any
other status change of location team members, GMs, and leadership
- Develop region succession plan by evaluating open
opportunities, assessing internal talent, and leading recruiting
- Provide consistent support, coaching and feedback to general
managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis - for both the
general manager's leadership development, their theater's personnel
development, as well as achieving business goals.
- Responsible for high employee engagement scores for region's
theaters. Understands, adopts, and consistently demonstrates
defined manager behaviors designed to create an environment where
employee engagement thrives. Accepts, understands, adopts, trains
and champions all employee engagement behaviors.
- Embraces technology and inspires leadership to understand and
adopt new technologies implemented by Cinemark Execution
- Work in a fast-paced environment, adjusting priorities as
- Ensure the financial integrity of all P&L statements by
adhering to systems that properly track expenses and revenues that
are categorized, coded and posted through control processes
- Develop and maintain annual budget and forecasts for assigned
region; monitors financial reports of the region to ensure
budgetary compliance with Finance and Corporate goals
- Accountable for region theaters achieving desired profitability
and key performance indicator levels, increasing attendance
targets, and simultaneously delivering heroic guest service and
enhancing the guest experience.
- Increase operational consistency throughout the company and
theater system, leading operational initiatives to drive speed of
service, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, sales & profits, and
overall operational excellence.
- Ensure safe working conditions as required by OSHA and federal,
state and local governing bodies.
- Ensure, with theatre GMs and the Facilities Department, that
region's theatres are properly maintained and positively represent
'Brand Cinemark' including making recommendations to senior
leadership on needed capital improvements.
- Work with cross functional teams (workforce management,
marketing, food & beverage, Human Resources, IT, etc.) to assist
with the execution for initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring each theater location has a
leader-decision maker on site during all hours of operations, and
that all theaters have a person-in-charge on site during all
- Work in the field to help prepare staff and theater management
training and roll out of operational programs as it relates to
operational execution. (Onboarding, MAP, Guest Training, etc.)
- Review system tools, checklists, guides as needed to promote
multi-unit management success routines to drive sales, profits,
guest service, people development and consistency. Requirements
- 7+ years as an active general manager (e.g., operations,
restaurants, retail, consulting), with multi-unit operational
experience a plus
- Theater, restaurant, multi-unit franchise operations, and/or
hospitality industry experience a plus. Customer service mind-set -
both internal as well as external customers
- Extensive expertise in building and leading cross-functional
teams, planning and directing projects.
- Existing knowledge of operational proficiency using various
business and reporting platforms
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and
organizational skills; ability to prioritize and focus activities
and team around key issues.
- A collaborative leadership style, with clear capacity to
influence and cultivate trusting relationships with internal team,
peers, vendor partners, and guests.
- Ability to identify and attract high caliber, diverse team
players, and develop them into future leaders.
- Self-motivated leader with the ability to solve complex
business and human resource related problems and influence others
while promoting a safe positive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to champion strategic transformation
initiatives within the organization.
- A proactive approach to project management, strategic planning,
and multi-level team leadership
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.DISCLAIMER: This
job description is intended only as a general guideline of your
duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally
binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or
terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change
amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they
have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job
description. Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CareerArc, Plano , VP, Regional Operations, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!