Vice President of Hospital Financial Operations
Company: Community Hospital Corp
Posted on: May 24, 2023
The Vice President, Hospital Operations, working under the
direction of the SVP, Hospital Operations, is responsible for
planning, organizing and implementing financial strategies
(including revenue cycle) for the system and hospitals while
consulting with hospital financial leaders on tactics to improve
their revenue cycle processes and ongoing financial
operations.Community Hospital Corporation (CHC) is a DFW Top 100
Employer and Top 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's
Hospital Review. This is an exciting onsite role at our beautiful
corporate offices located in Plano between Legacy West and the
Grandscape. At CHC we enjoy an outstanding work environment,
covered parking, comprehensive health and welfare benefits
including paid fitness facility membership, tuition reimbursement,
a generous PTO allowance, and a great company culture.Major
- Provides guidance and leadership to CHC STACH Finance
- Maintains knowledge of applicable regulations and standards to
assure compliance with orders or directives issued by
governmental/regulatory agencies or third party payors.
- Helps hospitals maintain compliance with state and federal
guidelines, EMTALA and other applicable laws and regulations
through education programs and other initiatives.
- Develops, and ensures hospital compliance with, an annual
operating and capital budget process to support CHC
- Establishes a schedule and format to support the SVP Hospital
Operations in Monthly Operating Reviews (MORs) of CHC hospital
- Establishes and monitors a system of review and CHC Executive
approval for major capital expenditures made by CHC hospitals.
- Establishes and maintains a system of key statistics and
indicators to monitor hospital and client financial
- Develops policies and procedures and implements them to
maximize hospital financial operating performance including cash
- Maintains a standard CHC hospital revenue recognition model and
periodically reviews hospital's calculations for accuracy and
compliance with revenue recognition policies.
- Provides the SVP Hospital Operations with assessments and
recommendations regarding performance and development of hospital
CFOs, Business Office/Revenue Cycle Directors and other key
hospital finance management staff.
- Serves as a resource on financial matters to hospital
leadership (including revenue cycle).
- Assists in financial feasibility studies of new services and
programs at CHC hospitals.
- Identifies, recommends and assists with implementation of
financial operations and revenue cycle opportunities.
- Leads the Revenue Cycle consulting practice for Community
- Supports merger and divestiture activities of the
- Organizes and hosts at least one annual CHC educational
conference for CHC hospital leaders (including CFOs, Controllers,
HIM Directors, Materials Management Directors, IT Directors and
Revenue Cycle/Business Office Directors).
- Occasionally attends Hospital governing board meetings
- Serves as Interim CFO at CHC affiliated hospitals on short term
assignments when needed. General Duties
- Represents Community Hospital Corporation at designated
meetings including hospital finance committee and board meetings as
- Participates in seminars and conferences to keep abreast of
technical and legal developments.
- Upholds and supports the company's mission, goals and
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by
the SVP Hospital Operations RequirementsExperience/Education
- 7 years experience in management of finance, accounting,
operations, audit or consulting.
- Minimum of 5 years of hospital experience with experience with
minimum of 3 years hospital financial related supervisory
- Previous CFO experience (preferably in a Critical Access or
Rural hospital setting)
- Experience with revenue cycle management.
- BBA or BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- Masters in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance,
Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Ability to travel significantly, approximately 20-40% of time.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and
to prioritize objectives.
- Proficient ability to identify and effectively resolve
difficult operational and administrative problems.
- Ability to work independently, organize and work with multiple
hospitals, CFOs, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals with conflicting tactical
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and
- Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high
morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead a high performing team and achieve results
- Ability to collaboratively drive change throughout the
financial operations of the company
- Ability to be trustworthy
- Possess a core set of ethical values
- Possess a high degree of political savvy
- Possess a strong customer orientation
- Possess sound and accurate judgment and timely decision
- Ability to communicate and relate well with others.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient knowledge of hospital revenue cycle and the impact
of such operations on hospital reimbursement.
- Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the financial
concepts and terminology unique to the healthcare industry.
BenefitsAt CHC we enjoy an outstanding work environment, covered
parking, comprehensive health and welfare benefits including paid
fitness facility membership, tuition reimbursement, a generous PTO
allowance, and a great company culture.Comprehensive health and
welfare benefits package is offered as part of total compensation.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Wellness Resources and other benefits In compliance with the
emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid
Services (CMS) and company policy, CHC and its affiliate companies
require all employees to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination
or have an approved medical or religious accommodation as a
condition of employment. As a result, these conditions must be met
by the first date of employment.CHC is a tobacco and drug free
workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Community Hospital Corp, Plano , Vice President of Hospital Financial Operations, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...