Enterprise Data Operations Manager
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Location (s): Candidate must be located or willing to relocate to Dallas/Plano, TX (First preference), Purchase, NY or Chicago, IL
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change. Big-data and digital technologies are driving business transformation that is unlocking new capabilities and business innovations in areas like eCommerce, mobile experiences and IoT. The key to winning in these areas is being able to leverage enterprise data foundations built on PepsiCo's global business scale to enable business insights, advanced analytics and new product development. PepsiCo's Data Management and Operations team is tasked with the responsibility of developing quality data collection processes, maintaining the integrity of our data foundations and enabling business leaders and data scientists across the company to have rapid access to the data they need for decision-making and innovation.
What PepsiCo Data Management and Operations does:
* Maintain a predictable, transparent, global operating rhythm that ensures always-on access to high-quality data for stakeholders across the company
* Responsible for day-to-day data collection, transportation, maintenance/curation and access to the PepsiCo corporate data asset
* Work cross-functionally across the enterprise to centralize data and standardize it for use by business, data science or other stakeholders
* Increase awareness about available data and democratize access to it across the company
As a member of the data engineering team, you will be the key technical expert developing and overseeing PepsiCo's data product build & operations and drive a strong vision for how data engineering can proactively create a positive impact on the business. You'll be an empowered member of a team of data engineers who build data pipelines into various source systems, rest data on the PepsiCo Data Lake, and enable exploration and access for analytics, visualization, machine learning, and product development efforts across the company. As a member of the data engineering team, you will help lead the development of very large and complex data applications into public cloud environments directly impacting the design, architecture, and implementation of PepsiCo's flagship data products around topics like revenue management, supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics. You will work closely with process owners, product owners and business users. You'll be working in a hybrid environment with in-house, on-premise data sources as well as cloud and remote systems.
* Provide leadership and management to a team of data engineers, managing processes and their flow of work, vetting their designs, and mentoring them to realize their full potential.
* Act as a subject matter expert across different digital projects.
* Oversee work with internal clients and external partners to structure and store data into unified taxonomies and link them together with standard identifiers.
* Manage and scale data pipelines from internal and external data sources to support new product launches and drive data quality across data products.
* Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that captures metrics and operational KPIs for data pipeline quality and performance.
* Responsible for implementing best practices around systems integration, security, performance and data management.
* Empower the business by creating value through the increased adoption of data, data science and business intelligence landscape.
* Collaborate with internal clients (data science and product teams) to drive solutioning and POC discussions.
* Evolve the architectural capabilities and maturity of the data platform by engaging with enterprise architects and strategic internal and external partners.
* Develop and optimize procedures to "productionalize" data science models.
* Define and manage SLA's for data products and processes running in production.
* Support large-scale experimentation done by data scientists.
* Prototype new approaches and build solutions at scale.
* Research in state-of-the-art methodologies.
* Create documentation for learnings and knowledge transfer.
* Create and audit reusable packages or libraries.
* COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
* 8+ years of overall technology experience that includes at least 6+ years of hands-on software development, data engineering, and systems architecture.
* 6+ years of experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools.
* 6+ years of experience in SQL optimization and performance tuning, and development experience in programming languages like Python, PySpark, Scala etc.).
* 4+ years in cloud data engineering experience in at least one cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP).
* Fluent with Azure cloud services. Azure Certification is a plus.
* Experience scaling and managing a team of engineers.
* Experience with integration of multi cloud services with on-premises technologies.
* Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building high-volume ETL/ELT pipelines.
* Experience with data profiling and data quality tools like Apache Griffin, Deequ, and Great Expectations.
* Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
* Experience with at least one MPP database technology such as Redshift, Synapse or SnowFlake.
* Experience with running and scaling applications on the cloud infrastructure and containerized services like Kubernetes.
* Experience with version control systems like Github and deployment & CI tools.
* Experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks and Azure Machine learning tools.
* Experience with Statistical/ML techniques is a plus.
* Experience with building solutions in the retail or in the supply chain space is a plus
* Understanding of metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries is a plus.
* Working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts.
* Familiarity with business intelligence tools (such as PowerBI).
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management.
* Proven track record of leading, mentoring, hiring and scaling data teams.
* Strong change manager. Comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth. Able to lead a team effectively through times of change.
* Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements.
* High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
* Positive and flexible attitude to enable adjusting to different needs in an ever-changing environment.
* Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; comfortable managing trade-offs.
* Foster a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management.
* Proactively drives impact and engagement while bringing others along.
* Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
* Ability to lead others without direct authority in a matrixed environment.
* Highly influential and having the ability to educate challenging stakeholders on the role of data and its purpose in the business.
* Understands both the engineering and business side of the Data Products released.
* Places the user in the center of decision making.
* Teams up and collaborates for speed, agility, and innovation.
* Experience with and embraces agile methodologies.
* Strong negotiation and decision-making skill.
* Experience managing and working with globally distributed teams.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Keywords: PepsiCo, Plano , Enterprise Data Operations Manager, Executive , Plano, Texas
here to apply!