Senior Product Manager - Global & Upstream CPT
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business purpose is to restore health and
improve quality of life through the design and provision of device
and management solutions for the treatment of chronic pain and
movement disorders. This business includes implantable devices
compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from
chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim
XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market,
Proclaim DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and
a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA.
These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain
therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain
stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage
their Parkinson's disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering
away from side effects.
Our location in Plano or Austin, TX, currently has an opportunity
for a Sr. Product Manager - Global & Upstream CPT.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Accountable for the 5 year solutions-based roadmap for the spinal
cord stimulation portfolios
* Serve as an SME for assigned therapy area and provide mentorship
for junior team members
* Serves as the voice of the patient, clinician, and sale rep on
development programs. Backs positions and decisions with data and
current market knowledge.
* Develops and owns customer requirements, and provides benchmark
analysis vs. competitive solutions.
* Perform market research, competitive analysis, forecasting and
ROI for justification of features and improvements
* Regularly conduct qualitative and quantitative research that
defines an insight-driven product roadmap
* Sets growth vision for therapy area, identifies unmet needs and
new markets, advocates for solutions, builds business cases, and
secures organizational support for the roadmap.
* Contributes to annual global marketing plan by providing
segmentation of the market, targeting and positioning, and all
aspects of the marketing mix (product, place/distribution, price,
and integrated marketing/promotion).
* Lead global commercial launch planning and execution for new
products and indications
* Ownership of portfolio lifecycle management including clinical
data planning, inventory and pricing strategy, competitive
planning, market expansion & exit assessments
* Work closely with both US and international regional marketing
* Offer leadership to R&D and support organizations throughout
development cycle (e.g. lead trade-off analysiscustomer, financial,
and timeline impact).
* Represents the business during product demonstrations, testing
programs, advisory boards, and across various congresses and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math,
Science, or Medical field.
* 6+ years experience in product development in Med Device,
Healthcare, Patient Care, or Software with demonstrated experience
from Concept to Launch.
* Strong influence management skills-effectively influences a wide
variety geographies/cultures including Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan,
Australia and Canada and functions including regulatory, sales,
marketing, research, manufacturing and other cross functional.
* Strong clinical marketing skills - effectively use clinical data
to support and drive key marketing claims across a wide variety of
* Project management skills-ability to manage complex projects and
programs. Ability to pull the appropriate level, functional and
geographic functions together to support initiatives
* Self-motivated, team player with learning agility
* Strategic thinker with analytical approach to problem solving and
* Understanding of product requirements definition, prioritization,
and business case development
* Excellent written and verbal communication, and ability to adapt
style and message to various audiences.
* Master Degree in Business
* Knowledge/experience with customer base - pain management
specialists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic spine surgeons
* Experience with implantable devices and the FDA PMA process.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
* Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new
employees and tuition assistance
* Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
* Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
* Paid time off
* 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
* The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to
help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your
future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Plano , Senior Product Manager - Global & Upstream CPT, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!