Audit Manager - Risk (Hybrid)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking an Audit Manager for our
San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC
This is a hybrid position. USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each
employee and the employee's manager.
Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit
lifecycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical
business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and
projects and reviewing work papers. May lead engagements as
Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations. Creates and independently performs complex work
assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements. Leverages results from
engagements and continuous monitoring activities to assist Audit
Leadership in updating risk assessments. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of
contact for the business through Audit engagements. -
- Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the
audit lifecycle. Leads continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of complex test work
during audit activities. - Executes audit documentation techniques
including key risks and controls alignment to audit test objectives
and conclusions and assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts and assignments
of Audit team members with varying degrees of expertise and
experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the
engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and
completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit Manager
(SAM)/Director. May communicate with regulators.
- Utilizes and provides guidance to team members on the use of
audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create
queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple
sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are
- Identifies control weaknesses and
- opportunities for improvement in the current operating
environment and provides recommendations for corrective action;
drafts the related audit issues and audit reports with oversight
from audit leadership for issuance to respective client leadership
and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities.
- Leads team audit activities and provides feedback on planning
and scoping, and review of risk assessment and testing that
demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners to help
drive strategic objectives with the business and effectively
challenges business action plans. - Communicates effectively with
the business/clients and delivers risk-based and difficult messages
regarding issues and control weaknesses to ensure proper risk
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training
to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit
- Provides information from audit results and insight to assists
Audit Leadership in the updating of risk profiles and risk
assessments related to the engagement.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree (10 total years' experience
without a degree).
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to
examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and
present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Experience in audit, credit risk review, or as an examiner
assessing retail credit risk at a large bank institution.
- Experience working in first or second line of defense retail
credit functions at a large bank institution.
- Experience with OCC Heightened Standards.
- Working experience with SAS, Python, or SQL.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job. Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $88,200 - $158,900* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location).Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. -Shift premium will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - - -Benefits: At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Plano , Audit Manager - Risk (Hybrid), Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!