Director of Audience Development
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Director of Audience will lead the enterprise
customer-centric marketing strategy for engaging directly with
JCPenney customers to accelerate the path to customer interactions,
engaging new customer segments and growing our relationship with
existing and future customers. The position is responsible for
building a fully integrated customer audience strategy, as well as
planning and execution with a focus on the development of
initiatives and campaigns that drive customer engagement,
retention, loyalty, and brand advocacy. The position reports to the
VP Customer Engagement and Insights.Primary Responsibilities:
- Develops and oversees the implementation of customer-centric
marketing strategies and ensures full integration across digital
and direct channels.
- Increases the profitability and repurchase rate of customers by
developing new or improving existing retention marketing strategies
- Determines relevant segments and clusters of customers for
targeted direct marketing strategies.
- Manages performance of customer segments to expected revenue
and margin targets within budgeted expenses.
- Designs and implements testing strategies to understand
customer behavior including deeper understanding of device usage,
creative and messaging preferences, and engagement drivers.
- Works with the analytics team to interpret test results and
determine future strategy.
- Models various strategies and tactics to determine expected
ROI; create forecasts for annual plan and work with operations team
- Determines optimum Product Planning & Offers for existing
segmentations based on past results and future product availability
- Drives accelerated growth, market share gains, and elevated
partnership via "shopper/customer insights"
- Day to day management of customer-centric marketing team
focused primarily on development and execution of audience driven
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for providing
direction, support, and coaching.Core Competencies &
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- 10 years of Customer Relationship Marketing, Direct Marketing,
Email Marketing, or Ecommerce experience; retail category
- Experience with Omni-Channel marketing.
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms (CDP).
- Strong business acumen and the ability to synthesize and
analyze data to identify trends and marketing opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and
implement a focused plan and to collaborate with teams.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level
executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, and
gain consensus across a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective
use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Direct reporting management experience; lead, coach, and mentor
direct reports.What you get:We offer a competitive benefits package
including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid
vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an
associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney: JCPenney
is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families.
With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment
meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every
special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a
broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from
national and private brands and provides personal services
including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000
associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want
to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and
Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic
American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with
customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit
JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.For more opportunities to join our
team please visit our careers page.
Keywords: JCPenney, Plano , Director of Audience Development, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!