Construction Project Manager
Company: Samsung Electronics America
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Build Design Project Manager works closely with the Director of
Retail CX Design and Development, Design Dept., and Finance team to
ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, and technical
aspects of multiple projects are being executed, as required.
, adherence to contractual obligations, construction management,
change order process, and project closeout.
Role and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Retail Development Team, assisting with the
development of scope, budget, and schedule for project work.
- Complete project assignments with emphasis on quality of
services and attention to timely response focused on quality of
build, meeting budget target and completion deadline.
- Project responsibility covers initial site selection, site
feasibility, preliminary budget, design intent, development of
scope, assistance with bidding, contractor selection, construction,
adherence to contractual obligations, construction management,
change order process, and project closeout.
- Create contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives,
schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review
- Resolve field construction problems in coordination with
architect and engineering staff, third parties, and other agencies
- Manage design guidelines and HQ standards for drawing
- Chair progress meetings, complete status reports, and deliver
presentations, as required
- Assist in negotiating with contractors regarding changes to
design, construction work scope, and schedules
- Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for travel to project
sites as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing construction projects
of similar size and complexity.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the
execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction
- Commercial construction project portfolio is strongly
- Ability to manage multiple project and issues effectively
- Ability to support and provide "customer service mentality" for
multiple internal stakeholders effectively
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support
decisions and recommendations
- Conduct meetings and provide effective leadership to project
- Develop and manage budgets within established parameters
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills - ability to work with
construction contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Demonstrated analytical skills - organizational skills with the
ability to identify and manage priorities
- Familiarity with architectural, furniture and space planning
drawings and their use
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Architecture or engineering background is preferred
your location. You can change Country/Language at the bottom of the
page. If you are European Economic Resident, please click .
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung
Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an
exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of
employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully
vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to
apply for an exemption are provided after the application process
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with
Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our
job application process. If you have a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application
process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team
(855-###-####) or ...@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number
is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America, Plano , Construction Project Manager, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!