Manager Help Desk
Company: Collin County Community College
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Primary Location:4800 Preston Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas,
75093We are searching for candidates that meet the required
qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential
duties and responsibilities.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:This role requires a solid technical background
combined with customer service experience to ensure high quality
technical support and increase client satisfaction. A
problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to
achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this
position.Required Qualifications:Essential Duties and
- Recruit, train, supervise, and support help desk analysts,
technicians, and student assistants. Train and motivate team by
providing detailed documentation, checklists, and coaching as
- Monitor and update the Information Technology Service
Management (ITSM) ticketing program. Responsible for coordinating
the use of the ITSM across all Technology Support and Technology
- Manage the tracking of service requests to resolution. Ensure
ITSM tickets are closed in a timely manner. Contribute to improving
ticket support by actively responding to queries and handling
- Manage the building and maintenance of the database of work
requests with documentation for future inquiries.
- Set specific customer service standards. Communicate and
evaluate customer service standards through an ongoing training
program and documentation. Contribute to best practices throughout
the entire technical support process.
- Analyze, develop, and document clearly defined procedures.
Provide expert information to meet the needs of the district's
- Oversee and manage the contracted vendor for the Student Help
Desk, which includes updating of the vendor's knowledge base,
conducting monthly meetings with the account manager, and reviewing
the monthly interactions.
- Function as the first point of escalation and resolution for
hardware/software problems not resolved by the Help Desk staff. As
appropriate, escalate the work request to a second or third level
technician for Administrative Services, Network Support,
Telecommunications, and local workstation issues.
- Oversee coordination with the campus technology managers for
on-site technical support for emergency status calls when software
and/or equipment failures occur. Notify end users and departments
of any Information Technology system difficulties.
- Oversee coordination of technology support online resources
with Technology Services and Support management.
- Oversee all facets of help desk operation. Assist with taking
help desk calls, entering tickets, and troubleshooting problems
over the phone and via email.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly analytical reports on help
desk team productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate records on software, hardware, equipment
utilization and problems.
- Maintain familiarity with and ensure compliance with district
policies and procedures, including that copyright laws are not
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures, and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of ITSM ticketing software
- Knowledge of reporting tools used in various ITSM ticketing
- Knowledge of hardware compatibility issues
- Knowledge of network topology
- Advanced knowledge of college supported applications including
the following Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Active
Directory, SQL, Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, and other
Microsoft core business applications
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365 platforms as well as
other college communication tools
- Knowledge of college policy and guidelines for technology
- Knowledge of software licensing terminology and
- Knowledge of Collin College Human Resource and Payroll policies
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Documentation skills
- Proven customer service skills including effective
communication skills, positive attitude, and adaptability to
resolve problems, questions, conflicts, and suggestions creatively
- Communication and collaboration skills leveraging Office 365
tools and video conferencing
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely
and productive manner
- Ability to learn, support and keep current on new
- Ability to manage, supervise, and direct the work of employees,
assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or department
to make improvements or take corrective action
- Ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Ability to effectively implement project planning and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to maintain a professional manner when interacting with
faculty, students, staff, and outside organizations
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from
unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and four
(4) years of directly related experience required.Two (2) years of
supervisory experience required.
Licenses and Certifications
A+ Certification, Net+ Certification and/or Microsoft 365
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Six (6) years of related work experience, or an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will
be subject to a criminal background check.**The above description
is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as
duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin
College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete
portions of this job description at any time, with or without
notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in
its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
reasonable accommodations.***This is a Security Sensitive position.
Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background
check.***Compensation Type:SalaryEmployment Type:Full
timeCompensation Range:$63,027.00to$72,481.05For any employment
questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.orgCollin College is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Collin County Community College, Plano , Manager Help Desk, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!