Project Manager, Commercial - Industrial
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Project Manager, Commercial - Industrial - ( 210002FL )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem
like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if
that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where
we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that
our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and
responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental
groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building
solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity,
and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Join a Top 10 global design firm in our Texas Buildings practice
that provides Architecture, Buildings Engineering, and Interior
Design services. Our Plano office is seeking a Project Manager for
our Commercial - Industrial sector designing and managing projects
for large iconic brands.
The successful candidate will work with clients through the
planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning
designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with
construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes.
You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with
sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your
goals. You will lead the development of integrated design
proposals, continuous updating of a building information model,
preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project,
while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team
members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under
instruction from the Principal in Charge.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large
scope, highly complex projects.
- Effectively participates and helps to win work in interviews
for potential projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work throughout the life of
the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Keeps the Principal in Charge informed of progress on project
expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understands the
limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and
respects the boundaries of the Principal in Charge's
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project
design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work
plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentors Assistant Project Managers and motivates project
- Assures that Project Management Framework tasks are timely
completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with
internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and
contractor and sub-contractors.
- Review documents for accuracy and involved in the QA/QC process
and provide front end specifications on projects.
- Manages and tracks change orders, applications for payment by
contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget
- Manage CA phase on projects by attending OAC
(Owner/Architect/Contractor) meetings, documenting meeting minutes,
and responding to RFI's and Submittals.
- Works with Operations Manager in determining project staffing
needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Passion for and experience in the commercial and industrial
- Strong experience in commercial core / shell and industrial
- Extensive project experience supports in the ability to win
work during proposal response.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal's in
Charge on multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety
codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials,
and industry associated standards.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring
continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma;
Prefer experience with Revit, SketchUP.Education and Experience
Masters degree in Architecture or related field - Registered
Architect preferred. Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial
core/shell and 7 years of experience in architecture project
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and
other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the
world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Plano
Other Locations : United States-Texas-Houston, United
States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Texas-Austin
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-2140 Buildings-US Texas
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 29, 2021, 8:32:02 AM
Req ID: 210002FL
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North
America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been
granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious
belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for future and current employment and
prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Keywords: Stantec, Plano , Project Manager, Commercial - Industrial, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!