Group Vice President, Sales - Commercial
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join
our team as Group Vice President, Sales - Commercial. This position
reports to the VP of Americas & Public Sector. The GVP will develop
& execute market tactics to meet annual business goals. They will
lead a cross-functional team of sales leaders and account
executives in growing a productive and sustainable sales pipeline
across the complex territory. This person will help transform and
integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field
operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In
addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the
successful candidate will have a measurable track record in
building and managing large, high-performing sales organizations.
This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share
of revenue for Splunk. Your role will have a material impact on
Splunk's overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
Preferred Location: Plano, TX
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where
you will be challenged and grow.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers across all GTM and
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and
inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved
with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you'll do will
directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and
by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our
leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading and developing high performing sales
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our
customers and inside of Splunk.
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision-makers around a
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the
required roles for effective customer engagement.
- Manage a team of second-line sales leaders and partner closely
with other functional teams.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through
- Open, inclusive, and team-oriented, building a results-driven
culture of accountability and transparency.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that
managers do the same for their team.
- Consistently deliver against targets - ensuring company goals,
and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of
the Commercial business plan to predictably and consistently
generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective
of overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and
strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in
target markets throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define the value proposition,
determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize
- Growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team leverages
and deploys resources efficiently and for the highest impact.
Collaborating with sales engineering, channels/alliances, customer
success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing,
and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- 10+ years experience building and running enterprise sales
teams in the software industry.
- 3+ years experience as a third line (or fourth line) sales
- Must have previously led a $70M+ (minimum) ARR sales
- Sales experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS),
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS),
and data / analytics.
- Expertise in team selling with customer success, pre-sales,
renewals, partners, and services.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and
objectives personally and as a leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build
strong business partnerships both outside, and within the
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong
verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering
executive level presentations.
- Mastery of Consultative/solution selling methodologies like
MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler.
- Technically strong and accustomed to selling into CIOs, CTOs
and Line of Business.
- Operationally strong and experienced bringing process and rigor
to his/her organization.
- An innovator with the courage to nourish "outside the box"
thinking to surface and pursue new ideas.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus.
- Ability to travel -50%.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job
positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Keywords: Splunk, Plano , Group Vice President, Sales - Commercial, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!