SF Collateral Risk - Risk Management - Advisor
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the
future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive
team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you
will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will advise the team on
methods, models, and analytical templates used for assessing and
identifying potential risks that may threaten our reputation,
safety, security, and/or financial success, as well as work with
management and team members in communicating and collaborating with
key stakeholders across the enterprise, and understand business
The mission of the Collateral Strategy & Innovation Team at Fannie
Mae is to create and accelerate appraisal and valuation process
improvements. This is accomplished by introducing new technologies,
data, and concepts to enhance Fannie Mae's capabilities to manage
collateral risk. One of these concepts is Geographic Information
Systems (GIS) but even more broadly Geographic Data Science (GDS).
The technologies and analytical techniques (spatial analysis and
modeling) are generally under-utilized in the mortgage finance
industry even though much of the collateral risk is based on
locational influences to value. Fannie Mae is looking to change
As a GIS Advisor, you will assist with assessing and identifying
potential risks that may threaten Fannie Mae's reputation, safety,
security, and/or financial success, as well as participate with the
team in communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders
across the enterprise, and understanding business objectives. All
of this will be done with an emphasis on using geospatial
technologies, data, and analytics.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The GIS advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each
day your own, while working alongside result driven people so that
you can deliver on the following responsibilities
- Apply extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques,
and theories to suggest and implement solutions on a specific
project, program, or product related to GiS.
- Identify business areas that pose potential risks to the
- Reviewing and providing complex analyses regarding the impact
of risks to the enterprise.
- Maintain information and processes to reduce risk using
- Document resolutions and control guidelines.
- Solves complex, specialized business problems and informs
team's technical direction.
- Partner with the team to carry out business strategies that
will drive success in the face of shifting consumer behaviors and
- Lead specialized projects
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Geography, Environmental
Science, or a related discipline or a blend of knowledge and
qualifications reflecting a similar level of experience. Other
degrees will be considered.
- Practical experience in a consultancy or other non-academic
context in data processing and analysis using GIS is required.
- Strong experience with using geographic information system
- Experience discovering patterns and trends through spatial
mapping, developing mapping applications.
- Ability to present geographic trends and findings from their
analyses to internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience producing maps showing the spatial distribution of
various kinds of data.
- Knowledge and experience working with open and proprietary GIS
data sources (ArcGIS, QGIS). Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise is a
- Experience working with open source geospatial datasets.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the
purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making.
- 2-4 years' experience coding in SQL as well as R and/or
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts
and answer critical questions.
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience
in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and
editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to
- The group of skills related to Influencing including
negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and
- The group of skills related to Relationship Management
including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and
vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Skilled in using ArcGIS
- Skilled in Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience using SQL clients
- Skilled in R and/or Python
- Skilled in AWS
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at [email
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Plano , SF Collateral Risk - Risk Management - Advisor, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!