Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Company: McAfee GmbH
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering Primary Location US,
California, San Jose Additional Location(s) US, Texas, Plano Date
posted 01/14/2021 Job Title:Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: US, California, San JoseRole Overview:McAfee is looking
for a dynamic manager to build and support Cloud Services Quality
Engineering, DevOps, and SRE. You will manage a team of Cloud
Solution SDETs and Architects and responsible for the quality and
delivery of service to the cloud, offering outstanding security
solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-phased
workspace where you will drive innovation, collaboration, and
obtain important results. You will provide orchestration between
Engineering and Operations team. As a member of the Quality &
Operational Excellence organization, you will help establish
standard methods and procedures for ensuring high-quality within
the Development and Operations (DevOps) workflow in our cloud
systems (Releases, change management, Service level agreements,
feedback loops, operational excellence, high-quality). You will
report to the Sr. Director of Engineering.
Company Overview From device to cloud, McAfee provides
market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and
consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that
are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction
of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee
secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats,
both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of
cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products
and solutions. About the Role:
- As service delivery owner your daily responsibilities includes
designing and working with the team to develop test cases for cloud
services and integrating path to production CI/CD pipeline.
- You will develop strategies and solutions to achieve systems
that are resilient, scalable, fault-tolerant, performant, and
- You will be focused on operational excellence and will work
with product/engineering teams to establish requirements and get
- You will conduct capacity/demand forecasting, tracking of AWS
costs, measuring and responding to quality issues.
- You will stay ahead of growth and solving problems at the
grassroot cause level to prevent classes of issues, not just
- Your background includes 6+ years of experience managing a
- Hand on experience building, configuring, and supporting
massive infrastructure at cloud scale using AWS or Azure or
- Expert in technology management topics including System Flow,
NetworkReliability, Real-time system throughput, message
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, IAM,
EKS, EC2, or AWS Config. AWS experience in both commercial and
GovCloud Regions is a bonus.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or
- Experience with source control tools such as Github, SVN or
Perforce, and bug/change tracking in Jira or Service Now.
- Expertise in solving scalability and performance problems.
- Experience in message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, and
RDBMS such as MySQL.
- Experience in automation frameworks based on Python, Java, and
- Experience in SRE, infrastructure, and Security
- Security Domain experience is a huge bonus.
- You are a big believer in design review, code review, quality
metrics, automation, and best practices of DevOps.Company Benefits
and Perks: We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and
encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to
work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible
work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement We're serious about our
commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy,
gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other
legally protected status. Job Type:Experienced HirePrimary
Location:US, California, San Jose
Additional Locations:US, Texas, Plano
Keywords: McAfee GmbH, Plano , Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!