Product Development Senior Manager
Company: J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Product Development & Design Plano, Texas JCPenney, one of the
nation's largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive
footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto
Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and
value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint,
customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value
from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national
brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer
service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates
across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help
customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as
Warriors in our organization. The Product Development Senior
Manager leads the execution of the enterprise-wide private brand
strategy for both the direct and indirect business by supporting
and guiding the process for all key stakeholders. Primary
- Supports the strategic direction in collaboration with the
Design Director, Sourcing Manager, and Buyer.
- Collaborates with the Buyer to ensure the conceptual plan
supports the agreed upon strategy and Private Brand integrity.
- Identifies market share / business opportunities, assists in
driving category dominance and item dominance.
- Provides subject matter expertise on competitive landscape for
related product area.
- Completes competitive analysis, recommends changes in product
and facilitates the follow through and implementation of
- Monitors, analyzes and reports business performance. Recommends
appropriate action for use in future development.
- Supports the Private Brand process and exclusive brands, if
applicable, by being a management leader in facilitation and
- Ensures all product approvals are complete within established
- Leads the development process through Cycle Time Reduction
(CTR) calendar management.
- Directs CTR milestone meetings.
- Manages the Indirect process for private brands.
- Builds working relationship with cross-functional team to lead
all partners involved in the creation/development of the Private
- Leads participants in Private Brand meetings to support
strategies, resolutions, and decision making in alignment with
- Ensures effective communication and alignment of multiple
- Manages and develops Associates utilizing Company developed
training tools. Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 4 -8 years' experience in retail buying or wholesale
- Demonstrated leader; decision-making, communication, organizing
work. Our corporate office, located within the exciting new
development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney
stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a
competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term
life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with
company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare
and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and
free garage parking. For more opportunities to join our team please
visit our careers page . JCPenney is an equal opportunity employer.
* ** Applicants for employment who have a disability should call
1-888-879-2641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance and/or
a reasonable accommodation. The person responding will not have
access to information concerning the status of applications. You
have been redirected to a J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc. job
Keywords: J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc, Plano , Product Development Senior Manager, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!