Manager Data Engineering
Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving
lending market. mello, the Greek word for future, was the product
of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research &
development to transform & streamline the home buying process into
a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello is
just the beginning loanDepot will continue to invest in developing
our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our
customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional
service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideasits
a perfect match. Come join us!loanDepot We are Americas
Lender.Position Summary:The Manager, Data Engineering will be a key
role to take loanDepot data estate to the next generation. At
loanDepot, we are leading the journey to a data driven
organization. We are developing cloud based data platforms that
enable fast decision making and analytical capabilities using AI /
ML. Responsible for designing and executing data distribution
frameworks, data streaming, vendor evaluation, cloud warehouse
evaluation, and developing data and report catalog. This position
ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the
companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws
and regulations, wherein the company operates.Responsibilities:
- Manage and Develop data engineering framework with cloud native
- Work closely with Scrum Master to ensure organizational
Agile/Scrum methodology is followed.
- Collaborate with stake holders, understand requirements, and
manage data engineers to deliver as per release schedule.
- Quickly understand the current landscape of data and provide
recommendations on building the future data products.
- Provide implementation recommendations and tradeoffs and
present that to senior leadership.
- Evaluate vendor technologies, participates in rapid prototyping
and POC efforts.
- Adhere to data protection requirements including data access,
retention, residency, and de-identification.
- Develop and maintain data flow and data sharing with internal
and external systems.
- Create data validation checks and scripts to ensure high data
quality and availability.
- Design and develop secure software in partnership with other
engineering teams onshore and offshore.
- Keep a pulse on the industry, and research, evaluate and
recommend new technologies, tools and frameworks for high volume
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other team
- Must have experience with development, configuration, and
deployment on Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experience deploying (DaaS) Data as a service.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, scripting.
- Hands on experience building data engineering solutions using
Microsoft Azure stack, including Azure Synapse Analytics, SQL
Server, ADLS, Azure Synapse Studio, Azure Data Factory, Azure Event
Hub, Azure Databricks, and Power BI.
- Data Management/Streaming or relevant experience in a high
transaction volume environment.
- 2-5 years of experience with any enterprise programming
language (C#, C++, Scala, Python or Java).
- Experience with any of the reporting tools like Power BI,
- Experience with NoSQL Databases.
- SQL Savvy - must have strong SQL experience.
- S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in
Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or
- Minimum five + plus years of relevant technology job
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Experience with AI/ML concepts, tools and frameworks
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of
industry legend, Anthony HsiehWe are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. #LI-SS PM17
Keywords: loanDepot, Plano , Manager Data Engineering, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!