Contracting and Payor Relations Director
Company: Inogen Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2020
CONTRACTING AND PAYOR RELATIONS DIRECTOR
Inogen, Inc., 600 Shiloh Road, Plano, Texas, United States of
America Req #152
Thursday, September 10, 2020
ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of life
and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy users.
Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission is to
improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients
through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer
and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and
outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based
company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to
our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on
the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over
the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high
performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated,
and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
The Contracting and Payor Relations Director of contracting and
payor relations is directly responsible for developing,
implementing, and leading a strategic approach to building and
sustaining a robust payor network across all lines of DME
contacting including government and private payors. The Director is
accountable to research, contract administration, recommending
payor strategy and new contracting to enhance revenue to support
the organization s overall growth strategy.
This role will lead negotiation, implementation via cross
functional internal relationships, maintenance of the contract
performance, recredentialing and payor relations. This position
will be responsible for developing new and existing relationships
with payors to ensure competitive and profitable reimbursement
rates and contract language that patient services and revenue cycle
operations is able to uphold without enhanced labor-intensive
needs. The director will be the internal liaison for negotiating
eligibility protocols, referrals, enrollment, billing issues, and
employee education that relate to contracting. The Director will be
comfortable with communication to payors on denial trends, and
compliance with contract parameters.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of
* Develop and lead the execution of national and regional
contracting initiatives, including identifying top contracting
opportunities, negotiations and payor relations functions including
commercial and government payors.
* Responsible for oversight of the company s Medicare competitive
bidding contracts submission, compliance, and reporting.
* Interface with executive leadership and business subject matter
experts on the development and execution of complex payor/network
* Adopt a data driven approach to developing payor contracting
strategies and contracting terms.
* Conduct regular status updates with executive teams and provide
management with a clear sense of progress and understanding of any
industry landscape and marketplace changes (major insurance,
network and reimbursement issues, changes in legislation or in
guidelines at the federal levels).
* Collaborate with internal department leaders to review contract
performance and compliance.
* Act as liaison between payor contracting, compliance, patient
intake, order intake, physician and patient sales teams, and
* Effectively manage contract deadlines and renewals, including
* Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure contract
commitments are operationalized.
* Lead the development of tools to model contracts and monitor
* Identify and implement best practices in payor contracting and
contract management in a manner that forges a culture of compliance
and regulatory best standards.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Assist with any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, decision making,
sound judgement and assertiveness as needed.
* Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills in working
with internal and external customers.
* Ability to work self-manage and work independently.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamically changing organization.
* Excellent management skills, both of individuals as well as
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required and
ability to tailor those to the audience across front line reps all
the way to an executive level audience.
* Proficiency in analyzing, understanding, and communicating
reimbursement and financial trends that impact organization
economics (example: denials, rate changes)
* Demonstrated and verifiable, presentation, negotiation and
relationship-building skills and ability to engage at all levels of
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
and exercise independent judgement in contract negotiations
* Attention to detail is required.
* Effective conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively interface with different departments
within the company.
* Ability to articulate and promote data driven decision
* Travel required: up to 50% domestically
QUALIFICATIONS (Experience and Education)
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Health Care Management or related
* MS/MBA/MA, preferred.
* 12-15 years of combined experience in the following areas: DME /
HME contracting, network development, payor relations, healthcare
marketplace/management, health plan contracting and reimbursement
service operations, required. 2 years experience at a Director
level or above, preferred.
* 6 years management experience, with a minimum of five direct
* Advance knowledge/proficiency in government (Medicare/Medicaid)
and Commercial Insurance Contracting and negotiating
DME/HME/Competitive Bid Contracts, required.
* Advance knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft office tools (Excel,
Access, PowerPoint), required.
* A combination of training, education and experience that is
equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the
position. However, only those selected for an interview will be
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its
supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: Inogen Inc, Plano , Contracting and Payor Relations Director, Executive , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!