Company: HumCap Recruiting
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for delivering
comprehensive engineering drawing packages, bill of materials, 3D
models, interface control drawings and assembly methods. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, analyze, and present engineering concepts that will
enable Integrated Project Teams to meet objectives for scope,
resources, and timeline.
- Perform detailed design of mechanical hardware and deliver
accurate engineering drawings according to industry standard
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing practices.
- Prepare project plans including concept development,
engineering cost estimates, task completion dates, prototype
availability and verification testing.
- Champion Engineering Change Orders and Provide Peer Review as
- Distill complex assignments into actionable tasks and provide
status to colleagues, customers and stakeholders using clear
concise verbal and written communication.
- Engineer mechanical structures and systems that meet stringent
thermal, form factor, weight, physical shock, and vibration
requirements along with environmental factors including sun, wind
- Analyze and select fabrication materials, surface treatments,
material properties and fastening methods that meet cost and
product reliability objectives.
- Active participation in continual improvement initiatives to
optimize fabrication, yield, throughput, and assembly methods.
- Optimize electromechanical packaging systems for
- Develop product mounting hardware including brackets and
- Perform and or lead investigations and troubleshooting of
moderately complex/complex issues to determine root cause.
- Uses engineering knowledge to define requirements, design,
build, integrate, and test designs at the subsystem or system
- Identifies, understands, and resolves engineering problems.
Anticipates and avoids reoccurrences. Utilizes appropriate
experimental, statistical, and engineering tools.
- Analyze mechanical systems' stress, fatigue and vibration
utilizing finite element analysis.
- Provide customer and sales support for engineering related
enquiries, such as component selections, providing charts and other
engineering data as required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Expert User of 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Solid Edge
or equivalent engineering tool.
- Knowledge of CAD based Finite Element Analysis to Evaluate
Thermal, Stress, Shock and Vibration Performance to Mitigate Design
- Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of
concept and usability testing, including SLA 3D Printing.
- Have familiarity with manufacturing processes including sheet
metal forming processes, plastic injection molding, plastic and
aluminum extrusion processes and electronic assembly.
- Knowledge of stage gate development process, DFMEA.
- Working Knowledge of Material Properties and Fabrication
Methods for Sheet Metal.
- Electromechanical Packaging Experience.
- Design for Manufacturability.
- Tooling Design Experience.
- Cable Routing Techniques.
- Conduct Design Reviews.
- Propose Cost Reductions.
- Travel as required to support Field Service and Installation
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years of related experience.
Keywords: HumCap Recruiting, Plano , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...