Apple Mac Infrastructure Engineer-Mid Level
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Purpose of JobWhy USAA?
Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!Job RequirementsThe Opportunity:We are seeking
a dedicated Apple Mac Infrastructure Engineer-Mid Level for our
compute Engineering team within Workforce Digital Services. This is
an Apple Mac specific engineer position, which will require
experience handling Mac devices in a secured enterprise setting,
using MDM tools, including MS Intune and Jamf.This position is a
hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following
locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results.Infrastructure Engineer-Mid Level is responsible for
crafting, modifying, maintaining and supporting infrastructure and
individual and coordinated system components and solutions that
enable business functions and IT Services. Balance availability,
security, efficiency and functional requirements to help provide an
optimized production service. Identify and handle existing and
emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these
risks are optimally identified and advanced to be measured,
supervised and controlled.What you'll do:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Under limited supervision, crafts scalable IT system
infrastructure, implements system changes with consistency and
autonomy, and automates service delivery and maintenance tasks;
builds monitoring and tooling for systems.
- Independently, resolves sophisticated technology production
issues by fixing IT systems. Identifies opportunities for
improvements and makes recommendations to management.
- Analyzes sophisticated outages and finds opportunities for
- Understands and consistently exercises engineering standard
processes, concepts, and patterns
- Understands the customer and identifies solutions and ideas for
the customer with some assistance
- Evaluates potential Technology solutions with some
- Mentors' junior engineers and may being mentoring peer
- Develop software defined infrastructure in code in CI/CD
PipelinesWhat you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.Or Approved
certification from CodeUp, Galvanize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or
eFIT (Employees for IT)
- 4 years of infrastructure experience demonstrating depth of
technical understanding within a specific
discipline(s)/technology(s) or applicable IT experience such as IT
Management, Software Development, Data Engineering, and Agile
- 2 years of experience in crafting, modifying, and maintaining
infrastructure and individual system components.
- Proficient level of business insight in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
- Knowledge and understanding of crafting scalable IT system
infrastructures, implementing system changes, or automating service
delivery and maintenance tasksWhat sets you apart:
- At least 4 years recent experience supporting macOS in an
enterprise environment, including Monterey or higher.
- Experience with ADCS
- Experience with JAMF Pro, and/or VMware WSONE along with
experience with Munki
- Experience with APNS, VPP, DEP, ABM
- Experience with Bash scriptingThe above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.What we offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary
for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this
position is: $89,200- $160,600.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
- USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Plano , Apple Mac Infrastructure Engineer-Mid Level, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!