Guidewire Engineer - Senior Level
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Guidewire Engineer - Senior Level for our
Phoenix, Plano or San Antonio facility. This individual may also
work remotely, with occasional travel as requested.
These positions will provide support to the Property and Casualty,
Claims business with an opportunity to significantly impact
organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering best in
class technology solutions aligned to the Guidewire Insurance Suite
of products. This position will be working on modernizing the
Claims systems for USAA. They will be a member of a scrum team in a
highly collaborative environment, working within and across the
team to deliver quality software.
Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application
development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing
requirements, designing, testing, documenting and implementing
software, responding to outages. Identify and manage existing and
emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these
risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured,
monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human.
Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our
13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solution
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentals
- Associate Certified in Guidewire ClaimCenter 10.0 Preferred
- Working experience with SAFe Agile
- Working experience with AWS cloud GW implementation
- Working experience in setting up proactive monitoring/alerting
and troubleshooting/fixing production issues
- Knowledge of Claims Insurance Domain The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800.00 -
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Plano , Guidewire Engineer - Senior Level, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!