Senior ML Engineer
Company: Coca Cola
Posted on: September 22, 2022
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will work with Data
Scientists and Data Engineers to translate prototypes into scalable
solutions. You will build, ship, run and monitor Coca-Cola's global
ML & AI solutions bridging the gap between Data Scientists and
Operations. You will ensure that models conform to the ML strategy
and guidance established by the Coca-Cola Data Science team. You
should be proficient at building, training, deploying, and
monitoring ML models on the Azure platform including Azure Machine
Learning service and Synapse.
Responsibilities for Senior Data Engineer
- Wrap models in a scoring function for an API or a scheduled
batch run, wrapping a model in a simple web interface, ensuring
appropriate logging for monitoring/observability, crafting
documentation for HLA and API specs, configuring Docker/Kubernetes,
- Build streamlined data transformation pipelines, optimizing
feature engineering steps, utilizing data caching services,
integrating with other data engines/APIs, etc
- Monitoring compute health and response latency of
infrastructure for realtime (API) and batch model scoring
- Monitoring health of data pipelines on which models depend (eg,
handling delays in upstream ETL for scheduled batch scoring
- Troubleshooting issues with the above by utilizing
logs/monitoring tools of various Azure services
- Monitoring for anomalies in scoring volumes against an
established benchmark (number of records per time period)
- Monitoring for drift in model features over time and against an
established benchmark (training/gold/canary dataset)
- Enabling the correlation of ground-truth labels back to
previous model predictions, and exposing the appropriate model
performance statistics to stakeholders
- Coordinating with necessary stakeholders and data scientists
when issues arise with model scoring, performance or data
- Coordinating the versioning and change management of models
(ie, retraining), and enabling A/B split traffic testing if
necessary for testing
- University Degree (Bachelor) or equivalent experience with at
least five years of prior relevant experience.
- 3+ years' experience with database systems, Azure cloud
storage, and significant exposure to or experience with modern big
data processing tools (such as Spark, Hadoop, and
- 3+ years of experience building data engineering solutions and
maintaining a data warehouse, data lake, or other data
- 3+ years of designing and transforming large data using Azure
Data Services, Scala, Apache Spark, Data Factory, and Python in the
- 3+ years of experience designing data models (STAR, Vault,
Tabular) for analytics.
- Proven experience with SQL and Pl/SQL knowledge and experience
working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), and
working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience developing batch processing solutions using Synapse,
ADF, Data Factory, Data Lake, and Spark.
- Experience integrating notebooks (PySpark, Scala) into data
- Polyglot development: Capable of developing in Scala and Python
with good understanding of functional programming, SOLID
principles, concurrency models and modularization.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines for deploying
services using Github Actions.
- Experience with Big Data migrations/transformations programs in
the Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence areas.
- Azure Certifications: DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data
Solution DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution AZ-400: Designing
and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions or others related to
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and
highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture
that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and
make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive
approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to
improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors
- curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work
as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of
the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130 years. Visit
Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how
you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
When we collect your personal information as part of a job
application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with
industry standards and best practices and in compliance with
applicable privacy laws.
Keywords: Coca Cola, Plano , Senior ML Engineer, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!