Application Engineer III
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Position:Application Engineer IIIJob Description:SummaryAt
present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Oracle Trade
Compliance Application Engineer. We are looking for a talented
technical professional with Trade Compliance knowledge to join our
team and play an integral role in the development and support of
enterprise-level applications. You must be a self-starter and
comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You will be asked to work
on a wide variety of tasks from 100% new development to bug fixes
and maintenance. This includes working with the business and the
technology areas to understand IT development and support
requirements.What You Will Be Doing
- Design, develop, test and implement complex processes
applications like Oracle, and other custom applications in
production and development environments.
- Design, Develop and Customize Interfaces, Reports, and
Extensions as needed to support business requirements.
- Analyze, solution Design, build, and maintain technical
specifications, interface specifications, and systems design based
on business/functional requirements.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations
- This role partners directly with the functional and business
teams to gather requirements, architect, and deliver critical
projects that leverage the latest technologies to build and enhance
- This role is involved in providing end-user support including
resolving incidents logged by the business users
- Coordinate and deliver technical components for projects
through the software development life cycle, including validating
the completeness of estimates, quality, and accuracy of technical
designs, and build and implementation plans
- Identify, document, develop and support the design, creation,
and maintenance of and integrations between internal and external
sources within the IT applications to support critical business
- Coordinating with different client applications teams for their
requirements to provide a common interface.
- Follow and enforce development guidelines and best practices to
improve products/services or processes
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve
existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent
may not exist
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in the specialized
area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Participate in system-level tests responsible for comparing
actual results with expected results.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, and
processes within the IT space.
- Communicate project status and coordination of IT
- Provide recommendations around how to leverage the IT systems
to improve operational efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: i.e.,
special projects, Enhancements, etc.
- Acts as a mentor for colleagues including team members and
partners with less experience.
- Serves as an expert in multiple disciplines
- Works independently or in teams as required
- Work flexible schedule as necessary including coordinating with
onsite-offsite development teamsWhat We Are Looking For
- Advanced knowledge and strong programming/development skills
using Oracle PL/SQL - Packages, Procedures, Functions, Cursors,
Triggers, Indexes, Data Types, Collections, Exception Handling,
Views, Materialized Views, Dynamic SQL, etc.
- Extensive experience on OLTP systems and proficiency in
performance tuning and Optimization of SQL statements and PL/SQL
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL Queries and
understanding existing logic implemented in PL/SQL.
- Experience with development tools such as Toad, and SQL
- Working experience using versioning tools like Bitbucket will
be a plus
- Designing and executing test cases and plans for Unit Testing
and Integration Testing
- Familiarity with the development of web applications in Java
will be a plus
- Familiarity with the WebLogic application server will be a
- Prior experience with Unix/Linux Shell scripting is
- Knowledge of developing/maintaining Webmethods 9. x flow
services (Software AG), will be a plus
- Must possess strong skills in developing Interfaces, Reports
and Extensions and customization utilizing Oracle best practice
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices
& best practices for the full software development life cycle,
including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with defining and creating a highly functional
design and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Experience in robust development ensuring low defect products
and the ability to articulate the design and implementation details
in a way that is understandable across a wide range of personnel
with differing backgrounds and levels
- A high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT
software, applications, and IT architecture disciplines.
- Ability to analyze & resolve production support issues.
- Experience with API methods and implementation of web services
in a distributed architecture system
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle applications
database architecture, as well as Oracle database
- Self-Driven and able to react to change and shifting
- Ability to plan and organize work in a fast-paced environment
coordinating with internal customers to help support and enhance
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including
the ability to work collaboratively with business users and across
- Ability to coordinate with a team of developers onshore and
offshore and ensure on-time delivery.
- Must have experience supporting/implementing large development
- Ability to work independently with little direction and
supervision, manage/ self-direct multiple projects and meet
predefined deadlines, make time for unplanned assignments, and
adapt to changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal skills, strong adaptability skills,
strong analytical skills, and superior verbal and writing
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in
Information Systems (Computer Science) or related field or
equivalent related experience.
- 8 to 10 years of total experience, at least 5 years as an
Oracle Applications Developer in using SQL, PL/SQL, Packages,
Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers, Indexes, Data Types,
Collections, Exception Handling, Views, Materialized Views, Dynamic
SQL, OLTP systems, Complex SQL Queries, etc.Preferred
- Advance degree or post-graduation degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in the Trade Compliance, manufacturing, or
- Previous experience working for a large public enterprise
- Experience in web applications development in Java
- Experience in Weblogic application server
- Experience in Webmethods 9. x flow servicesWhat's In It For
You? At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great
benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer
competitive financial compensation, including various compensation
plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD
Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Caf-- with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
(availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All
Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office
- Bike Racks
- And more!Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:$91,600.00 -
$129,800.00Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from
posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work
experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between
base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at
offer. Location:US-CO-Colorado (Remote Employees)Remote work
employees may be required to be present at the closest designated
Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request
and sole discretion.Time Type:Full timeJob Category:Information
TechnologyEEO Statement:Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow
EEO/AAP policy)Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:Arrow requires all
new employees in the United States to provide proof of full
COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where
prohibited by law.
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Plano , Application Engineer III, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!