Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Luminator Technology Group
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Luminator Technology Group (Luminator) delivers
globally-recognized technology solutions that increase
intelligence, safety, and efficiency for public transit
Delivering a global portfolio of hardware and software solutions
through well-known and well-established regional organizations,
Luminator is a global company with a small-enterprise approach and
commitment to customer success, serving customers in more than 85
countries, and employing nearly 1,000 people.
The organization is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to perform
the detailed design and documentation of robust mechanical
- This is an in-office role, based in Plano, TX. No relocation
assistance is offered.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for delivering
comprehensive engineering drawing packages, bill of materials, 3D
models, interface control drawings and assembly methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, analyze, and present engineering concepts that will
enable Integrated Project Teams to meet objectives for scope,
resources, and timeline.
- Perform detailed design of mechanical hardware and deliver
accurate engineering drawings according to industry standard
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing practices.
- Prepare project plans including concept development,
engineering cost estimates, task completion dates, prototype
availability and verification testing.
- Champion Engineering Change Orders and Provide Peer Review as
- Distill complex assignments into actionable tasks and provide
status to colleagues, customers and stakeholders using clear
concise verbal and written communication.
- Engineer mechanical structures and systems that meet stringent
thermal, form factor, weight, physical shock, and vibration
requirements along with environmental factors including sun, wind
- Analyze and select fabrication materials, surface treatments,
material properties and fastening methods that meet cost and
product reliability objectives.
- Active participation in continual improvement initiatives to
optimize fabrication, yield, throughput, and assembly methods.
- Optimize electromechanical packaging systems for
- Develop product mounting hardware including brackets and
- Perform and or lead investigations and troubleshooting of
moderately complex/complex issues to determine root cause.
- Uses engineering knowledge to define requirements, design,
build, integrate and test designs at the subsystem or system
- Identifies, understands and resolves engineering problems.
Anticipates and avoids reoccurrences. Utilizes appropriate
experimental, statistical and engineering tools.
- Analyze mechanical systems' stress, fatigue and vibration
utilizing finite element analysis.
- Provide customer and sales support for engineering related
enquiries, such as component selections, providing charts and other
engineering data as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Expert User of 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Solid Edge
or equivalent engineering tool.
- Knowledge of CAD based Finite Element Analysis to Evaluate
Thermal, Stress, Shock and Vibration Performance to Mitigate Design
- Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of
concept and usability testing, including SLA 3D Printing.
- Have familiarity with manufacturing processes including sheet
metal forming processes, plastic injection molding, plastic and
aluminum extrusion processes and electronic assembly.
- Knowledge of stage gate development process, DFMEA.
- Working Knowledge of Material Properties and Fabrication
Methods for Sheet Metal.
- Electromechanical Packaging Experience.
- Design for Manufacturability.
- Tooling Design Experience.
- Cable Routing Techniques.
- Conduct Design Reviews.
- Propose Cost Reductions.
- Travel as required to support Field Service and Installation
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 years of related experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent
the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Physically required to regularly walk, sit, bend, twist, stand
and reach in a normal office environment.
- Constantly required to stand, walk, bend, twist, overhead lift
and reach in a varied field environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform constant work on computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close,
distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Luminator Technology Group intends to provide a safe and
drug-free work environment for our customers and our employees, as
a condition of employment Luminator Technology Group will require a
negative drug screen as part pre-employment process due to working
on or with federal contracts
It is the policy of Luminator to ensure equal employment
opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national
origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by law. Luminator prohibits any such discrimination or
The above described responsibilities and requirements are a general
guide for the role you are applying for and are not all inclusive
of the job requirements.
Luminator Technology Group does not accept staffing agency
candidates for our postings.
All positions posted are required to be in office unless otherwise
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Luminator Technology Group, Plano , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!