Presales Engineer, AppSec
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Presales Engineer, AppSec - WestJob Description:
At Micro Focus, we help organizations run and transform themselves
in a constantly changing world. We are a pure-play software
company, meaning we have a level of focus that other technology
companies dont have. From the ground up, we are built to sell and
support software. We provide our customers with a best-in-class
portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics
built in. Our software solutions include Enterprise DevOps Hybrid
IT Management, Security, Risk & Governance, and Predictive
Our mission is simpleby bridging the gap between existing and
emerging technologies, we help organizations innovate faster, with
less risk, in a world thats constantly changing.
- Everything we do is based on the idea that the quickest and
safest way to get results is to build on what you have. And our
software does just that.
- Our software bridges the gap between existing and emerging
technologies, but our people make this happen.
- We are committed to driving innovation and we value
collaboration, partnership, and leadership.
- We promote teamwork, diversity, and integrity, and we honor our
commitments to conduct business fairly and respectfully.
Everyone hereall of us around the globe who build, sell, and
support our softwareare committed to their success.Role of a
Specialist Presales Technical ConsultantA Technical Consultant (TC)
will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be primarily
responsible for supporting the sales cycles with detailed, deep
technical domain expertise within a particular solution area or a
cross solutions. They would establish a technical understanding and
match between Micro Focus solutions and a prospects needs through
use of compelling software demonstrations, outline of technical
architectures, input to RFI/RFPs, and conduct Proof of Concepts
As one of the key focus areas, the Security, Risk & Governance
product group is adding new customers every year with varying
levels of technical complexities by helping them address needs
across breach defense, managing of identities, securing
applications, compliance and protecting data. A specialist level TC
is expected to apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve
common and complex business issues within established guidelines
and recommends appropriate alternatives. They will work on problems
of diverse complexity and scope while acting as a team. At times
they will serve as a project leader providing direction to team
activities and facilitate information validation and team decision
making process. Individuals will need to exercise independent
judgment within generally defined policies and practices to
identify and select a solution. They will be ability to handle most
unique situations and may seek advice in order to make decisions on
complex business issues.Responsibilities
- Help execute basic Business Development activities.
- Participate in Territory/Account planning meetings.
- Help identify potential opportunities based on known technical
requirements of customers.
- Participate in opportunity planning meetings as required.
- Identify potential opportunities based on known technical
- Support opportunity discovery.
- Scope, create, and deliver custom software presentations and
- Research and help complete technical RFx responses.
Participates in the final review of the RFx response.
- Lead portions of technical design sessions. Document as-is and
desired future state.
- Create technical solution deliverables and delivers the
presentation of the recommended solution.
- Lead the completion of the technical validation by scoping the
technical validation and creating the detailed test plan of the
evaluation. Conduct the evaluation per SOW, assists in the
execution of the test plan, presents the findings and reiterates
- Support business validation.
- Ask appropriate problem identification, requirements and
- Evaluate alternative solutions rigorously to identify potential
implications/ problems before making a final recommendation or
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a presales or professional
services role and/or 4 years of IT experience related Security,
Risk and Governance.
- Technical or Business Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science
discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of security technology &
solutions, with general expertise in one or two areas of Identity
and Access Management (IAM), Information Management, Application
Security, Data Security and/or Information Security.
- Previous experience with any of the Micro Focus Security, Risk
and Governance products or competing solutions is preferred but not
- Industry recognized security-focused certification (CISSP,
CCSP, OSCP, CEH, SANS Certs, and Comp TIA) is preferred but not
- Demonstrates general understanding of enterprise application
infrastructure (Web Servers, Application Servers, Databases, Big
Data concepts, Web Services, Messaging, etc.).
- General understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or
other Risk Management Frameworks preferred but not required.
- Soft Skills (excellent oral and written communication)
Job:SalesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Plano , Presales Engineer, AppSec, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!