Early Childhood Teacher - Life Central Church
Company: Lionheart Children's Academy
Posted on: January 24, 2023
MORE THAN A JOB... A MISSION
At Lionheart, your work matters!
You are here with a calling and you are on a mission with us.
OUR CORE VALUES
We are Christ followers passionate about reaching children and
families with the Gospel, and out of our calling flows these.
--- Intentional Relationships - We focus on cultivating
relationships and encouraging others
--- Tenacity - We are brave, resilient, and work with all our
--- Heart to Serve - We joyfully serve others with humility and
To see children and families transformed by the Gospel through
Christ-centered child care centers across the country.
To partner with local churches to operate quality Christian
preschool, after-school, and summer programs to reach unchurched
children and their families.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE JOIN THE LIONHEART FAMILY
--- Personal and Family Wellbeing - Our Total Rewards and
Compensation program demonstrates our commitment to support the
health and well-being of all our team members.
--- Spiritual Community- Leaders committed to your spiritual
--- Personal & Professional Development - Financial Peace
University, RightNow Media, and more!
--- Flourishing Culture - Annually certified Best Christian
Workplace since 2015
OUR TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITS
HEALTH, MEDICAL, PRESCRIPTION AND DENTAL INSURANCE BENEFITS
--- Valuable, low-cost, low-deductible medical plan
--- Vision, dental, and disability insurance
--- Employee Assistance Program for mental health
--- Tuition Discounts
--- Retirements saving with matching 403b plan
--- Competitive PTO, even for part-time staff
--- Annual employee wellness benefits
--- Financial Peace University classes to grow in money
--- Continuing education credits
--- Bi-annual In-Service + monthly staff development
--- Career growth opportunities
--- RightNow Media subscription to stream 20,000+ videos for
spiritual, personal, and leadership development
... and a lot more!
A Teacher has the primary responsibility for planning, organizing,
and carrying out the selected developmental and spiritual programs
for their classroom of children. The Teacher reports directly to
the Academy Director.
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Reports To: Academy Director
Compensation: $15.00 - 18.00 per hour (based on Experience and
Requirements: Criminal Background Check required
Start Date: ASAP
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the programs for the
class in accordance with the Academy Director and curriculum
- Maintaining an age-appropriate classroom learning environment,
as required by the Academy Director.
- Independence in assuming responsibility for the efficient and
satisfactory arrangement of interest areas, rooms, storage, and
outdoor area; and the adjustment of temperature, light, and
ventilation in the assigned classroom.
- Supervising children by sight and sound at all times.
- Guiding children towards desirable habits in eating, sleeping,
personal hygiene, social development, emotional stability,
self-dependence, self-control, and respect for authority.
- Creating a warm and accepting environment for all children,
families, visitors, and potential customers. Maintaining ongoing
communication with families that includes knowing their names and
addressing each person by name every day.
- Recognizing the individuality of each child and planning the
program to assure each child's success. Demonstrating and teaching
respect for diversity among children and adults.
- Understanding the process of child development and relating
that understanding to teaching.
- Showing awareness of progress or lack of it in a child's
behavior, being alert to the total group even when dealing with a
part of it.
- Encouraging and guiding the expression of feelings, being a
good listener, and assisting children in gaining confidence.
- Guiding children in developing skills across all learning
domains by teaching specific skills and giving children time to
explore a variety of creative materials throughout each day.
- Assisting children in problem-solving and guiding them through
conflicts by teaching and modeling positive conflict resolution
- Assessing and observing children and using these observations
to plan effective learning opportunities for each individual class
and for the entire group.
- Making proper requests, in a timely manner, for materials and
supplies to facilitate the operation of classroom activities.
- Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping
responsibilities of the staff and maintaining cleanliness of the
individual classroom at all times.
- Attending all staff meetings, training sessions, staff work
days, parent conferences, parent open houses, graduation programs,
and other special functions as scheduled by the Academy
- Maintaining current First-Aid and CPR certification during
employment (this is a job requirement). Attending training seminars
to aid in development of job skills and increase potential for
growth. Participating in an academy training event as a facilitator
or co-facilitator bi-annually.
- Participating in the larger early childhood community through
attendance at conferences, volunteer service, and keeping a current
membership in a local, state, or national early childhood
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge and close adherence to the
Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers, NAC accreditation
standards, and the operating policies of Lionheart Children's
Background, Experience and Education
- At least 18 years of age and high school diploma or GED
- Early education BA, AA or CDA highly preferred for Teacher
- Previous experience in a state licensed facility OR 24 hours of
documented pre-service training required for a Teacher
- Children's ministry experience is a plus.
- Spiritual maturity - committed and passionate follower of Jesus
- Desire to reach children and parents for Christ.
- Friendliness and a warmth towards people
- Dependability and self-confidence
- Enthusiasm for teaching
- Desire to growth and learn personally and professionally
- Comfortable having spiritual conversations with children and
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to evaluate self
- A clear and well-modulated voice
- Personal appearance that is neat and suitable for working with
Essential Job Functions - All staff in supervision of children must
- Able to see, hear and respond to children's needs, emergencies
and conflicts that might occur in a classroom, on playground, in
bathrooms, and in common areas.
- Able to lift 35-50 pounds from the floor to a waist high table
10-15 times daily.
- Able to reach a child 20-30 feet away within 30 seconds without
danger to the employee's health.
- Able to crouch to a child's height, maintain eye contact at the
child's level, sit on the floor, and stand tall enough to reach
children on the highest piece of equipment.
- Able to determine cognitive, social and physical needs of
children and communicate in writing and verbally in the English
language at a level that 90-95% of parents and other staff are able
to understand and respond to.
- Able to handle the stress, tension and exasperation that daily
contact with many children and parents might bring.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Lionheart Children's
Academy team. We look forward to learning more about you.
"But Jesus called the children to him and said, 'Let the little
children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God
belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14 (NIV)
Talent Acquisition Team
The Lionheart Children's Academy
Keywords: Lionheart Children's Academy, Plano , Early Childhood Teacher - Life Central Church, Education / Teaching , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!